Satellite Equatorial Crossing Times (ECT)-Corrected OLR Datasets
DATA DESCRIPTION: This dataset contains daily, pentad and monthly OLR data in which the bias from varying satellite equatorial crossing times (ECT's) has been estimated and then removed. Used: Waliser and Zhou Satellite ECT-Corrected Monthly Tropical OLR Datasets (ds684.0), which has been superseded by Lucas and Waliser Satellite ECT-Corrected Daily, and Monthly Global OLR dataset (ds684.1)
UPDATED THROUGH: Dec 1999
GRID: 2.5 x 2.5 degrees Global 73 lat x 144 lon Also available: +/- 30 degrees lat x 144 lon (tropics/subtropics)
LEVELS: Single Level
TIMES: One mean per month, or per day.
CURRENT HOLDINGs: Jun 1974 - Dec 1999
|Outgoing longwave radiation||OLR||W m-2|
MSS Directory: /CA/RAD/OLR
- olr.mean.anncy.74-96.nc OLR Mean Annual Cycle 1974-1996 (tropics/subtropics)
- olr.corr.anom.74-96.nc OLR monthly anomalies 1974-1996 (tropics/subtropics)
- olr.monthly.74-99.nc OLR monthly means 1974-1999 (global)
- olr.daily.74-99.nc OLR daily means 1974-1999 (global)
- olr.monthly.anom.75-99.nc OLR montly anomalies 1995-1999 (global)
- Waliser, D.E. and W. Zhou, 1997: Removing Satellite Equatorial Crossing Time Biases from the OLR and HRC Data Sets, J. Climate, 10, 2125-2146.