2013 CCMI Science Workshop
We seek to encourage discussion of new observations and new methods that can be used to evaluate and inter-compare CCMs, and discuss progress in the evaluation and analysis of current chemistry-climate models (CCMs) in the stratosphere and troposphere. We particularly welcome first results from analysis of CCMI-1 simulations and will discuss requirements for additional sensitivity simulations. We also seek to further link coupled stratospheric and tropospheric modeling efforts.
- Improvements in process-oriented evaluation and understanding of CCMs,
- Long-term changes and interannual variability in tropospheric and stratospheric constituents,
- Budget of tropospheric OH,
- Impacts of changing atmospheric forcings on the chemical composition,
- Circulation/chemistry response to ozone depletion/recovery and climate change,
- Chemical and dynamical connections between the troposphere and stratosphere,
- Chemistry, dynamics and transport in the upper troposphere / lower stratosphere (UTLS),
- The role of very short-lived halogen species (VSLS) on ozone.
Workshop Structure and Agenda
The workshop will consist of a combination of invited talks, contributed talks and posters. We aim to provide ample time for discussions to foster further development in research themes and the use of new observations for model evaluation. The meeting will begin at 9am and adjourn at 5pm each day. Transport between the hotels and the meeting venue will be provided. Participants will be provided a catered lunch, and morning and afternoon break refreshments. There will be a catered poster session and reception on Tuesday evening, and a group dinner on Thursday evening. The group dinner is not included in the registration fee.