Blocks of rooms have been reserved in three local hotels. There will be shuttle service between the hotels and the meeting location in the morning and evening each day. Please make your reservations with the hotels directly. The room blocks will be released on 6 APRIL 2013; rooms must reserved before this date to guarantee pricing. Reference UCAR/NCAR CCMI when booking.
- Single rate: $109/night plus tax; superior rooms available for an additional $15/night that offer views of the mtns and/or gardens and include complimentary high-speed internet
- Room rate includes breakfast buffet in the Thyme on the Creek Restaurant
- Phone: 800.545.6285
- Studio rate: $159/night plus tax
- Room rate includes complimentary breakfast buffet and internet access
- Phone: 800.331.3131 or 303.449.5545
- Book a Studio Suite at Residence Inn Boulder for $159.00 per night
- Walking distance to the workshop venue
- Single rate: $74/night plus tax
- Room rate includes complimentary deluxe continental breakfast
- Phone: 303.442.7450
Travel to Boulder via DIA
Participants will fly into Denver International Airport.
DIA to Boulder
The closest airport to Boulder is Denver International Airport (DIA). Participants may travel to Boulder by rental car or by shuttle. The easiest and least expensive way to get from the Denver Airport to your lodging is the Super Shuttle. The Super Shuttle counter is on Level 5 in the main terminal (diagonal to the Hertz Rental Car counter). Shuttles operate daily every 15-30 minutes from 7 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. and then as needed. Super Shuttle serves all Boulder hotels. A reservation is not required for departure from the airport, but you can make a reservation online in advance if you wish at http://www.supershuttle.com/. Use the discount code NCAR1 to obtain a $5 discount (each way). A public bus is available for $20 roundtrip, but requires a transfer within Boulder to get to the hotel. For groups of 2 or more traveling at the same time, you might consider a rental car, typically available at the airport for $20-40/day (arrange in advance).
Transportation in Boulder
Shuttle service will be provided each morning and evening between the three listed hotels and the meeting venue.
Boulder is nestled in the foothills, where the rolling plains meet the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Centrally located near Denver, Denver International Airport, Eldora Ski Resort and Rocky Mountain National Park. Downtown Denver is just 35 minutes away. A few hours from many of Colorado's world-famous ski resorts, making Boulder the ideal Colorado destination.
5,430 feet (Denver is 5,280 feet)
Four distinct seasons and over 300 sunny days a year.
Average temperature highs/lows:
- Spring (March-May) — 63/35 F
- Summer (June-August) — 83/55 F
- Fall (September-October — 72/45 F
- Winter (November-February) — 45/23 F
Boulder's timezone in May is in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
CCMI 2013 Science Workshop will be held at Center Green, NCAR
The Center Green Campus has three buildings. CG1, our main conference center for large events, includes campus reception and the CG auditorium, NCAR's High Altitude Observatory, and Spark: UCAR Science Education. CG2 (just west of CG1) is home to UCAR's COMET Program. CG3 (at north end of the campus) houses logistical and other administrative operations.
Center Green Campus | CG 1-2-3
3080 Center Green Drive, Boulder, CO 80301