Research Tools: Climate FAQs
Quick view: responses to frequently asked questions on climate
- How do we know human activities are contributing to global warming?
- Could global warming be beneficial?
- What is "abrupt climate change?"
- What are the shortcomings of climate models?
- Are we committed to future climate change?
- What has caused global temperatures to vary naturally by 5 to 7 degrees thousands of years ago before humankind started burning fossil fuels and releasing large amounts of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases?
- Are regional temperature changes due to human activities?
- What about the urban heat island effect?