CGD Computing FAQs: Printing
Adding and Removing Windows Printers for CGD Staff
To Connect a Printer
You must be on the CIT domain for this method to work. All CGD permanent staff have their Windows accounts on the CIT domain. If you are a CGD visitor, visit the faq for visitor printing. [visitor printing]
To connect to network printers in CGD from a Windows PC do the following:
- Go to Start --> Run
- In the dialog box, type "\\cgdgibson" (no quotes)
A new window opens with a list of the available printers.
- Double-click the printer you would like to add. A new window opens.
- That's it! Close the windows. You can choose to print to the newly-added printer from within your application.
To Disconnect a Printer
- Go to Start --> Settings --> Printers
- Right click on the printer you want to delete
- Select Delete
If you have any other questions or concerns, please