Family Members - Dependents
Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age.
- J2 status;
- May apply for work authorization in the U.S.;
- No additional application fees for the dependents;
- Are subject to the same rules as the J1 (including medical insurance, 2-year home rule, 24-month bar, etc.).
- H4 status;
- Cannot work in the U.S., unless obtains own work visa;
- UCAR supports fees for H4 applications.
- TD status;
- Cannot work in the U.S. unless obtains own work visa.
Delays in Visa Processing
- Security Clearances;
- Technology Alert List;
- Remember that a visa stamp is different from visa status. A stamp is only used for entry into the U.S. It can only be obtained abroad/cannot be obtained with the U.S.