The NCAR Community Climate Model (CCM3)
The NCAR Community Climate Model (CCM3) is no longer supported, use the
Community Atmosphere Model (CAM)
for the latest model that includes limited support for use of the community.
Jun/30 1998: patches to CCM3.2 for bug-fixes corrected in the CCM3.6 release.
At the CSM workshop we announced some bugs that were found in CCM3.2 and we also
announced that we would release both CCM3.6 (which contains the bug-fixes) and
patches to CCM3.2 which display the nature of these bug-fixes.
The bug fixes do the following:
- Correct a potential subscript out-of-bounds in buoyan.F
- Delete some erroneous terms that were added into the convection closure routine closure.F
- Correct the climate for the above fix, by setting minimum CAPE in conv_ccm.F.
- Correct a minor problem with the pressure levels used in the diffusion correction difcor.F
- Correct to the use of a vector temporary variable rather than the last scalar value in radabs.F.
- Multiply the TOA radiation calculation by some extra terms that were inadvertently left off in radtpl.F.
- Fix a problem in the liquid water paths in trcabn.F.
To apply the patch move to your "ccm3" directory and if patch is installed you
can do the following...
patch < ccm3_2_bug_fixes.patch2
Last modified: Aug/ 6/1998
Remember CCM3 is now unsupported, use CAM for the latest Atmospheric Model
for use of climate science.
Go to top of page