2020 Virtual CFMIP Meeting
Clouds, Precipitation, Circulation, & Climate Sensitivity
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the 2020 CFMIP meeting will be held online. Each day's 1.5 hour session will feature 2-3 invited speakers and discussion moderated by the session conveners. All sessions will be available both live at 08:00AM Colorado (UTC-6) and recorded. We will encourage and provide suggestions for "local hubs", i.e., groups of scientists who discuss/present at times and within forums that are locally convenient.
At registration, all will be invited to submit a figure with a short written summary to be displayed on the meeting website and used for discussion as a part of the sessions and at local hubs. Registration will open on 03 August 2020 and close on 07 September 2020.
- Event dates: 14 - 17 September 2020
- Event times: 8:00AM Colorado (UTC-6)
- Location: Virtual via Zoom & NCAR CGD Youtube
- Community Contribution: View the Submitted Slides
- Day 1 Recording: Live Replay
- Day 2 Recording: Live Replay
- Day 3 Recording: Live Replay
- Day 4 Recording: Live Replay
View the PDF Meeting Agenda or in the table below.
*All sessions will start at 8:00AM Colorado (UTC-6)
|14 September||Updates on CFMIP and the WCRP Climate Sensitivity Assessment||Steven Sherwood, Mark Webb, Yen-Ting Hwang||Live Replay|
|15 September||Does convective organization matter for climate?||Sandrine Bony, Allison Wing||Live Replay|
|16 September||Does atmosphere-ocean coupling matter for climate?||Natalie Burls, Kyle Armour||Live Replay|
|17 September||Do extratropical cloud feedbacks matter for climate?||Jennifer Kay, Johannes Mulmenstadt||Live Replay|
2020 Virtual CFMIP meeting guide coming soon...
We have a plan to offer contributions of a single slide of figure/caption from all who register. These slides can be viewed here and also can be a part of the local hubs/invited talks.
- Andrew Gettelman [ email@example.com ]
- Angie Pendergrass [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]
- Brian Medeiros [ email@example.com ]
- Jen Kay [ Jennifer.E.Kay@colorado.edu ]