Data Access and Policy for Catalogues, Citations, and Authorship
- Catalogue Data Access
- Full access is available for all ARTMIP participants and collaborators of ARTMIP participants.
- Public access will be granted after publication of overview papers.
- View Tier 1 catalogues available
- Tier 2 catalogues for CMIP5/6 subtopics are available here and here
- Tier 2 catalogues for Climate Change High Resolution will be available after overview paper is published.
- Tier 2 catalogues for Reanalysis Intercomarison are available here
- All papers using ARTMIP data or analysis should cite the GMD paper and Tier 1 overview paper (once published).
- All papers using ARTMIP catalogues should cite the DOI number for catalogues. One DOI number for all Tier 1 catalogues will be created and provided. One DOI number for Tier 2 catalogues will be created per subtopic, i.e. C20C+ catalogues will have one DOI number and will be different from the CMIP5 catalogues DOI number, etc.
- Data will be published on the Climate Data Gateway.
- Additional catalogues generated during the project after data has been published will be included by updating the CDG holding. The DOI number will not change once it is created.
- GMD citation:
Shields, C. A., Rutz, J. J., Leung, L.-Y., Ralph, F. M., Wehner, M., Kawzenuk, B., Lora, J. M., McClenny, E., Osborne, T., Payne, A. E., Ullrich, P., Gershunov, A., Goldenson, N., Guan, B., Qian, Y., Ramos, A. M., Sarangi, C., Sellars, S., Gorodetskaya, I., Kashinath, K., Kurlin, V., Mahoney, K., Muszynski, G., Pierce, R., Subramanian, A. C., Tome, R., Waliser, D., Walton, D., Wick, G., Wilson, A., Lavers, D., Prabhat, Collow, A., Krishnan, H., Magnusdottir, G., and Nguyen, P.: Atmospheric River Tracking Method Intercomparison Project (ARTMIP): project goals and experimental design, Geosci. Model Dev., 11, 2455-2474, https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-11-2455-2018, 2018
- ARTMIP Tier 1 Source MERRA-2 Data DOI citation:
- ARTMIP Tier 1 catalogue DOI citation:
- Tier 1 Overview paper citation:
Rutz,J.J, Shields,C.A., Lora,J.M, Payne,A.E., Guan,B., Ullrich,P., O'Brien,T., Leung,L.-Y., Ralph, F.M., Wehner, M., Brands, S., Collow,A., Goldenson,N., Gorodetskaya,I., Griffith,H., Hagos,S., Kashinath,K., Kawzenuk,B., Krishnan,H., Kurlin,V., Lavers,D., Magnusdottir, G., Mahoney,K., McClenny,E., Muszynski,G., Nguyen,P.D.,Prabhat, Qian,Y.,Ramos,A.M., Sarangi,C., Sellars,S., Shulgina,T.,Tome,R., Waliser,D., Walton,D., Wick,G., Wilson,A., Viale,M.: The Atmospheric River Tracking Method Intercomparison Project (ARTMIP): Quantifying Uncertainties in Atmospheric River Climatology, Journal of Geophysical Reserach-Atmospheres, https://doi.org/10.1029/2019JD030936, 2019.
- ARTMIP Tier 2 Source CMIP5/6 Data DOI citation:
- ARTMIP Tier 2 catalogue DOI citation:
- Tier 2 Overview paper citation:
O’Brien, Travis Allen and Wehner, Michael F and Payne, Ashley E. and Shields, Christine A and Rutz, Jonathan J. and Leung, L. Ruby and Ralph, F. Martin and Marquardt Collow, Allison B. and Guan, Bin and Lora, Juan Manuel and et al., (2021) Increases in Future AR Count and Size: Overview of the ARTMIP Tier 2 CMIP5/6 Experiment. JGR-A https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2021JD036013
- ARTMIP Tier 2 Source Reanalysis Data DOI citation:
- ARTMIP Tier 2 Reanalysis catalogue DOI citation:
- Tier 2 Reanalysis Overview paper citation:
Collow, A. B. M., Shields, C. A., Guan,B., Kim, S., Lora, J. M., McClenny,E. E., Nardi, K., Payne, A., Reid, K., Shearer, E.J., Tome,R., Wille, J.D., Ramos, A.M., Gorodetskaya, I.V., Leung, L.R., O'Brien, T.A., Ralph, F.M., Rutz, J., Ullrich, P.A., Wehner, M. (2022). An overview of ARTMIP's Tier 2 Reanalysis Intercomparison: Uncertainty in the detection of atmospheric rivers and their associated precipitation, Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 127, e2021JD036155. https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2021JD036155
- GMD citation:
- Authors are free to choose their co-authors and collaborators, however the ARTMIP project must be acknowledged.
- Below is suggested text for a typical “Acknowledgments” section:
ARTMIP is a grass-roots community effort and includes a collection of international researchers from universities, laboratories, and agencies. Co-chairs and committee members include Jonathan Rutz, Christine Shields, L. Ruby Leung, F. Martin Ralph, and Michael Wehner, Ashley Payne, and Travis O'Brien. Details on catalogues developers can be found on the ARTMIP website. ARTMIP has received support from the US Department of Energy Office of Science Biological and Environmental Research (BER) as part of the Regional and Global Climate Modeling program, and the Center for Western Weather and Water Extremes (CW3E) at Scripps Institute for Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego.