Information Systems Group (ISG)
Wednesdays from 6:00am - 8:00am MST
Please contact the CGD/IS staff if this work needs to be rescheduled
Common help topics
There are three wireless networks available for use:
- UCAR Internal – For staff only on ISG managed devices
- UCAR Visitor – Requires registration for 90 day access
- Eduroam – If you already have an Eduroam certificate from your home institution, use this. Full time staff can get setup with Eduroam on their devices
Printers are available for use, but you must be on the VPN to use them.
How to access CGD systems from outside:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) using the GlobalProtect software which is installed by ISG
- Or SSH to perimeter systems and then into internal systems:
ssh -X -Y moffatt.cgd.ucar.edu
ssh -X -Y goldhill.cgd.ucar.edu
Visitors email is forwarded to your home institution or the email you provided us before starting. Staff emails with @ucar.edu accounts can use Gmail to view their email.
The following compute servers are available for general access:
- Post Processing * Large memory, single threaded jobs
- HPC Clusters * Model development and small domain jobs
* You must have a CGD account and password to access these systems. Speak to your admin or sponsor for an account request.
Each section has storage space under /project/<section> that is not backed up.
You also have 11GB in your home directory that is backed up.
NCAR/CGD has its own Globus endpoint. For more information refer to the CGD Globus documentation page.
Linux software environment
CGD uses modules to configure specific software/versions for use in the Linux environment, see the example commands below.
% module avail - list all available configuration/software
% module load <module> - load a specific module
% module purge - remove all modules form environment and make a clean start